Planning Your Stay
STEP ONE: Call us at 514 731-2871 to find out if you are eligible and take advantage of this opportunity to ask all your questions.
STEP TWO: Call 72 hours or less before your child’s hospitalization date or their first doctors’ appointment. Please understand that some families cannot predict the length of stay, for some can be several weeks even months, due to the medical state of their child.
STEP THREE: The day before your arrival, phone to confirm your presence by calling 514 731-2871 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
What you need to know :
- The House is a community lodging house and not a hotel or nursing home; the opportunity to stay here is a privilege and not a right. There is no medical personnel on staff in the House. Families are responsible for doing their own cleaning, cooking and laundry and are asked to help with general housekeeping duties of the common areas and must clean their room before leaving.
- The day of arrival, families must arrive after 2 p.m. and before 8 p.m. from Mondays to Sundays. To register you will need a photo identification (driver’s licence) and a $20 cash deposit for your keys which will be refunded at the end of your stay.
- Departure time is 2 p.m. and payment must be made in cash, debit or credit card at a rate of $10.00 per night per family. For longer stays, guests are billed every two weeks.
- All families staying at the Ronald McDonald House must be actively involved in their child’s hospital routine.
- Every family registering at the House must have a permanent address.
- Any families who have an agency/company who will be paying for their stay, need to have the agency confirm this with our Family Coordinator at the time of booking.
- Only one room is allotted per family. However, siblings and other family members may accompany the parents or a guest is allowed if you are a single parent. The rooms can accommodate three people. Where parents are divorced, the parent with legal custody will have registration priority.
- There is no parking at the House. You must use the Sainte-Justine Hospital parking lot: see the Security desk at the entrance to the hospital. There are daily, weekly and monthly passes.
- Residents can be reached at the House at any time through the answering machine located in each room, as well as through the intercom in the common areas in the House. Children under 12 must be supervised by their parents at all times.
- Alcohol, cigarettes, illegal drugs, and pets are not permitted at our House. We have a zero tolerance policy.
Families staying at the Ronald McDonald House of Montreal need to :
- Be parents/guardians of a child 18 years of age or younger receiving medical treatment in a Montreal Children’s Hospital
- Have a child hospitalized or with a doctor’s appointment within the 12 hours following registration at the Ronald McDonald House of Montreal
- Live outside a 70 km radius of Montreal
All children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
At-risk pregnant women must be accompanied by an adult during their entire stay.
All reservations must be made 72 hours or less prior to the hospitalization date or first doctors’ appointment.
Anyone who is suffering from or who has recently been exposed to a communicable illness cannot be admitted (including family members with colds, flu or sore throat). This policy is vital in minimizing risk to children with weakened immune systems.
The cost of a room is $10/night.Please contact us at (514) 731-2871